As a business owner, which of the following comments describes you best?
- I don't need a website because I have a Facebook Page and/or an Instagram Account or other platform which works well for me.
- I hate Social Media, I would rather just have a website where I have full control.
- I am a technophobe. I loathe technology. I don't understand it. I don't want people finding out personal infomation about me online.
- I love technology and marketing and I am pretty much a Social Media addict.
The last option describes me totally. Yet a week ago I was so angry with Facebook I was on the verge of deleting my Profile. You can read my rant here.
I felt abused that a Social Media Platform could take control of my emotions to that level.
Love it or hate it, It is almost impossible to do business without technology.
Twitter is my place to follow interesting people from all over the world. I don't do much business there but I enjoy the banter and debates.
I follow Amanda Owen who is a traditional shepherdess in Yorkshire. She has 9 children and more than 1000 sheep. By sharing her beautiful photos which are cleverly captioned on Twitter, she has built her farming business, written several books and appears regularly on TV and at Events.
Amanda doesn't try to sell anything yet her following grows every day.
It is all about connecting with your target market and connecting online as if they were face to face with you.
This is hard as we all have loads of competitors and Social Media Platforms like Facebook, Instagram etc want you to pay to advertise or your posts are only shown to about 3% of your followers.
If you are just starting out on Social Media for your business here are some good tips to get started.
We also run an Optimise Your Online Presence Workshop should you be struggling with any of the issues below.
- Do you have a website that no-one visits?
- Perhaps you know you need a website but have no idea where to start?
- Is your website outdated?
- Does your head spin when "experts" talk about Domains, Hosting, SEO, Google Analytics, E-mail marketing, Landing Pages, Sales Funnels, POPI, GDPR etc?
- Are you using Social Media for your business?
- What will happen to your marketing if Facebook / Instagram etc closed down? Social Media platforms come and go and when they do, they take all your data with them. All that information about the followers and customers you have worked so hard to acquire.
- The Social Media platforms need paid advertising to survive. This is why they create all these complicated algorithms to ensure that only about 3% of your followers see your posts unless you take paid advertising.
This workshop is designed to help you define your brand, find your audience decide whether you want to manage your marketing yourself in-house or outsource it. If you decide to outsource it, this course will give you the knowledge to ask the important questions of your supplier before you sign a contract.
If you are battling with any of the above, this course is for you.
- We limit the workshop to 6 delegates so we can spend time on YOUR needs and have plenty of interaction.
- The workshops are 4 hours long and are held in Sandton
- We have secure on-site parking
- We provide tea / coffee / juice / water / snacks
- Free Wifi
- A comprehensive workbook
- Bring your laptop
- For your website and social media to be effective you need to:
- Define your product / service
- Define your audience and their buying habits. These differ depending on age, gender, culture, geographical location etc.
- Who are your competitors?
- What information do your customers need?
- How will you provide this information?
- Website Basics
- Myth of a free website - no such thing as free
- Choosing a domain name - how to search for a name
- Website hosting - what makes a good website host
- Essentials for a good website - content creation / images / audio /video
- Why you need a professional e-mail address and how to connect your e-mail to your GMail account
- Legal requirements for your website
- Questions to ask your web designer
- Basic SEO (Search Engine Optimisation)
- Submitting your site to Google
- Website Security and Backups
- Website add-ons - Online shop / Directory / E-mail Marketing / Accommodation Booking Systems / Online Training Courses - dependent on delegate requirements
- Social Media
- Overview of Social Media Options
- Which platforms are right for your business?
- Personal vs Business Accounts
- How to choose a Social Media Manager - important questions to ask.
- What is a Social Influencer?
- Paid ads vs Organic growth
Group Option: R550 per person
Private Class: R825
Workshop at your premises: R425 per person (company to provide wifi, data projector, screen and refreshments)
For further information, please complete this form and we will be in touch.